Is White Edged Swedish Ivy Toxic to Cats?

There are a lot of different houseplants that people keep in their homes, and each one has its own set of benefits. White edged Swedish ivy is a popular choice because it’s easy to care for and it looks great. However, there’s one important thing to know about this plant before you get one for your home: it’s toxic to cats.

If your cat ingests any part of the plant, they could experience vomiting, diarrhea, and difficulty breathing. While some cats may be more resistant to the effects of the toxicity than others, it’s always best to err on the side of caution and keep this plant out of reach of your feline friend.

No, white edged swedish ivy is not toxic to cats. This plant is actually considered non-toxic to both animals and humans by the ASPCA.

Is White Edged Swedish Ivy Toxic to Cats

Yes, white edged Swedish ivy is toxic to cats. Cats are attracted to this plant because of its shiny leaves and often chew on the leaves or stems. The toxicity level of this plant is moderate, and symptoms include vomiting, diarrhea, drooling, lethargy and incoordination.

If your cat has ingested any part of this plant, contact your veterinarian immediately.

If Ingested, What are the Signs And Symptoms of Toxicity in Cats

If your cat ingests something it shouldn’t have, it’s important to be able to recognize the signs and symptoms of toxicity. These can vary depending on the substance ingested, but there are some general signs that may indicate toxicity: -Vomiting

-Diarrhea -Lethargy or depression -Loss of appetite

-Excessive thirst or urination -Change in behavior (e.g., aggression, restlessness) -Seizures or tremors

-Difficulty breathing If you notice any of these signs in your cat, it’s important to seek veterinary care immediately. The sooner the issue is treated, the better the chances for a full recovery.

How Can I Prevent My Cat from Coming into Contact With This Plant

If you have a cat, it’s important to be aware of the dangers of certain plants. One plant that can be harmful to cats is lilies. Lilies are commonly found in bouquets and arrangements, but they can also grow in your garden.

If ingested by a cat, lilies can cause kidney failure. The best way to prevent your cat from coming into contact with this plant is to keep it out of reach. If you have lilies in your home, make sure they’re not within your cat’s reach.

You should also keep an eye on your cat if it’s outside, as lilies may grow in neighbouring gardens or public parks.

What Should I Do If My Cat Does Ingest Some of the Plant

If your cat ingests any part of a lily plant, it is considered to be poisonous. All parts of the plant are toxic, including the flowers, leaves, stems, and bulbs. If you think your cat has eaten any part of a lily plant, call your veterinarian immediately.

Symptoms of lily toxicity in cats can include vomiting, diarrhoea, drooling, lack of appetite, and lethargy. In severe cases, lily toxicity can cause kidney failure and death.

35 Non-Toxic Pet-Safe Houseplants | Pet Friendly Plants for Cats and Dogs


If you have a cat that likes to nibble on plants, you may be wondering if white edged Swedish ivy is toxic to cats. The good news is that it is not toxic to cats or humans. However, it can cause an upset stomach if ingested in large quantities.

So, if your cat does eat some of this plant, keep an eye on them and make sure they don’t eat too much.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top