Is Antirrhinum Multiflorum Toxic to Cats?

The Antirrhinum Multiflorum, also known as the Snapdragon, is a beautiful and popular flower. However, many people are afraid that if it is toxic to cats. The Snapdragon contains a toxin called Saponin, which is harmful to cats if ingested.

Symptoms of Saponin poisoning in cats include vomiting, diarrhea, lethargy, and seizures. If your cat ingests any part of the Snapdragon plant, it is important to seek veterinary care immediately.

But the good new is that Antirrhinum multiflorum is not toxic to cats. This plant is actually a member of the snapdragon family and is native to Spain. The flowers are very beautiful and come in a variety of colors including pink, purple, red, white, and yellow.

They have a sweet fragrance that attracts bees and butterflies.

See Also  Is English Hawthorn Or Midland Hawthorn Toxic for Cats?

Is Antirrhinum Multiflorum Toxic to Cats?

Great news is that Antirrhinum multiflorum is not toxic to cats. All parts of the plant are considered safe, but ingestion can lead to serious health problems including vomiting, diarrhea, drooling, lethargy and weakness. In severe cases, it can cause kidney damage or even death.

If you suspect your cat has ingested any part of this plant, contact your veterinarian or emergency animal hospital immediately.

How to turn a leaf in a new plant!!! 🌱 kalanchoe plant care tips + propagation from a leaf vs a cut

Conclusion

No, Antirrhinum multiflorum is not toxic to cats. This flowering plant is actually a popular choice for gardens and as a houseplant because it is relatively easy to care for. The plant does produce a sap that can be irritating to the skin, so it’s important to keep this out of reach of pets and children.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top