Is Baby’S Breath Toxic to Cats?

Many people enjoy having fresh flowers in their homes, but they may not realize that some of those flowers can be toxic to their pets. Baby’s breath is one such flower. While it is not necessarily deadly, it can cause gastrointestinal upset in cats if they consume it.

The symptoms of toxicity include vomiting, diarrhea, and abdominal pain. If your cat ingests baby’s breath, it is important to watch for these symptoms and seek veterinary care if necessary.

We all know that babies are delicate creatures, and require special care and attention. But did you know that some common household plants can be toxic to them? Baby’s breath (Gypsophila paniculata) is a beautiful flowering plant often used in bouquets and baby’s rooms, but it can be dangerous to cats if ingested.

The plant contains saponins, which can cause vomiting, diarrhea, and even death in cats. If you suspect your cat has eaten baby’s breath, contact your veterinarian immediately.

Is Baby’S Breath Toxic to Cats

If you have a cat, you may be wondering if baby’s breath is toxic to them. The answer is no, baby’s breath is not toxic to cats. However, the plant can cause gastrointestinal upset if ingested in large quantities.

If your cat eats a small amount of baby’s breath, they may experience vomiting or diarrhea. If your cat ingests a large amount of the plant, they may experience more serious health problems such as liver damage. If you suspect that your cat has eaten any part of a baby’s breath plant, it is important to contact your veterinarian immediately.

How Can I Tell If My Cat Has Ingested Something Poisonous

If your cat has ingested something poisonous, it is important to seek professional medical help immediately and bring them to the vet. There are many different types of poisonings that can occur, so it is important to be aware of the signs and symptoms. Some common signs that your cat has ingested poison include vomiting, diarrhea, lethargy, drooling, seizures, and difficulty breathing.

If you suspect that your cat has ingested poison, please call your local emergency vet or the ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center at (888) 426-4435 for guidance.

What are the Symptoms of Poisoning in Cats

If your cat is poisoned, it will show one or more of the following symptoms: vomiting, diarrhoea, drooling, difficulty breathing, seizures and collapse. If you think your cat has been poisoned, take it to the vet immediately.

What Should I Do If I Think My Cat Has Been Poisoned

If you think your cat has been poisoned, the best thing to do is take them to the vet immediately. If you have the container of poison or can identify what they ate, take that with you or write it down so the vet knows what they’re dealing with. Symptoms of poisoning in cats can include vomiting, diarrhea, drooling, seizures, and difficulty breathing.

Treatment will depend on what they were poisoned with and how much they ingested.

Plants That Are Toxic to Cats!!


If you have a cat, you’ve probably noticed them nibbling on your houseplants from time to time. While most plants are harmless to cats, there are a few that can be poisonous. Baby’s breath is one of those plants.

While baby’s breath is not as toxic as some other plants, it can still cause problems for your cat if they eat too much of it. The main concern with baby’s breath is that it can cause an upset stomach and vomiting. In severe cases, it can also lead to diarrhea and dehydration.

If you think your cat has eaten too much baby’s breath, contact your veterinarian right away.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top