As a pet parent, it’s important to know what household plants are toxic to your furry friends. Bottlebrush (Callistemon spp.) is a popular ornamental shrub, but unfortunately it can be poisonous to cats if ingested.
The active ingredient in bottlebrush that is toxic to cats is saponin.
Saponin is a natural detergent that can be found in a variety of plants. When ingested, it can cause vomiting and diarrhea in cats. In severe cases, it can lead to dehydration and even death.
If you suspect that your cat has eaten bottlebrush, contact your veterinarian or the ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center immediately.
No, bottlebrush is not toxic to cats.
Is Bottlebrush Toxic to Cats
No, bottlebrush is not toxic to cats. However, the plant can cause gastrointestinal upset if ingested in large quantities. The plant contains saponins, which are known to cause vomiting and diarrhea.
If your cat ingests a large amount of bottlebrush, contact your veterinarian immediately.
Plants That Are Toxic to Cats!!
No, bottlebrush is not toxic to cats. However, the plant can cause stomach upset if ingested in large quantities. If your cat consumes a small amount of bottlebrush, he may vomit or have diarrhea.