Is Buzzy Lizzie Toxic to Cats?

Yes, Buzzy Lizzie (Impatiens walleriana) is toxic to cats. All parts of the plant are poisonous, but the flowers and leaves are the most toxic. Symptoms of toxicity include vomiting, diarrhea, drooling, lack of appetite, and weakness.

In severe cases, Buzzy Lizzie can cause seizures and death. If you suspect your cat has ingested any part of a Buzzy Lizzie plant, call your veterinarian or emergency animal hospital immediately.

Buzzy Lizzie, also known as impatiens, is a popular houseplant. However, many people don’t realize that it can be toxic to cats. If your cat ingests any part of this plant, it can cause vomiting, diarrhea, and drooling.

In severe cases, it can lead to kidney damage or even death. So if you have a cat, it’s best to keep Buzzy Lizzie out of reach.

Is Buzzy Lizzie Toxic to Cats

Yes, Buzzy Lizzie is toxic to cats. The plant contains saponins, which are poisonous to cats if ingested. Symptoms of toxicity include vomiting, diarrhea, and lethargy.

If your cat ingests any part of this plant, seek veterinary care immediately.

How Can I Keep My Cat Safe from Buzzy Lizzie

As the weather gets warmer, we start to see more and more insects around. One of these insects is the Buzzy Lizzie, also known as the Ctenocephalides felis. This little bug can pose a big threat to your cat if they happen to eat one.

The Buzzy Lizzie contains a venomous substance that can cause an allergic reaction in some cats. Symptoms of this reaction can include vomiting, diarrhoea, difficulty breathing and swelling of the face or neck. In severe cases, it can even lead to death.

So how can you keep your cat safe from the Buzzy Lizzie? The best way is to prevent them from coming into contact with the insect in the first place. Keep your cat indoors during peak times when these bugs are most active – typically early morning and evening.

If you have to let them out, make sure they are supervised so you can intervene if necessary. In addition, keep an eye out for any signs that your cat has been stung by a Buzzy Lizzie. If you notice any unusual symptoms, take them to the vet immediately for treatment.

With prompt medical attention, most cats will recover quickly and without any lasting effects.

What are the Symptoms of Buzzy Lizzie Toxicity in Cats

If you think your cat may have ingested a Buzzy Lizzie plant, also known as impatiens, it is important to be aware of the symptoms of toxicity. The most common symptom is vomiting, which can sometimes be accompanied by diarrhea. In more severe cases, cats may experience tremors, seizures or even heart arrhythmias.

If you suspect your cat has eaten any part of a Buzzy Lizzie plant, it is important to seek veterinary care immediately.



Lizzie, also called impatiens, is a popular plant because it’s easy to care for and comes in a variety of colors. But did you know that Lizzie can be toxic to cats? Lizzie contains an ingredient called bupivacaine, which is used as a local anesthetic.

Bupivacaine can be fatal if ingested by cats, and even small amounts can cause serious health problems. Symptoms of bupivacaine toxicity include vomiting, drooling, seizures, and death. If you have a cat, it’s best to avoid Lizzie altogether.

If you must have this plant in your home, keep it out of reach of your feline friend.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top