Dogs are not the only pets that can be toxic to crepe myrtle. Cats can also suffer from ingesting this plant. The ASPCA lists crepe myrtle as being poisonous to both dogs and cats.
Symptoms of toxicity in cats include vomiting, diarrhea, loss of appetite, and lethargy. In severe cases, seizures and death can occur. If you suspect your cat has ingested crepe myrtle, contact your veterinarian or the ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center at (888) 426-4435 for treatment advice.
No, crepe myrtles are not toxic to cats. In fact, they are actually quite beneficial for felines! Crepe myrtles contain a compound called linalool, which is known to be helpful in reducing stress and anxiety in cats.
Is Crepe Myrtle Toxic to Cats
No, crepe myrtle is not toxic to cats. In fact, all parts of the plant are safe for felines. The crepe myrtle is a member of the Lythraceae family, which also includes other non-toxic plants such as pomegranate and eucalyptus.
What are the Symptoms of Crepe Myrtle Toxicity in Cats
Crepe myrtle toxicity in cats is a very rare condition that can occur if your cat ingests the leaves or flowers of the crepe myrtle plant. The most common symptom of this toxicity is vomiting, but other symptoms can include diarrhea, lethargy, and loss of appetite. If you suspect your cat has ingested any part of the crepe myrtle plant, it is important to take them to the vet immediately for treatment.
How Can I Treat My Cat If It Has Ingested Crepe Myrtle
If your cat has ingested crepe myrtle, the first thing you should do is call your veterinarian. Crepe myrtle is a plant that is poisonous to cats and can cause serious health problems. Symptoms of poisoning include vomiting, diarrhea, drooling, difficulty breathing, and seizures.
If your cat is showing any of these symptoms, it needs to be seen by a vet immediately. Treatment will vary depending on the severity of the toxicity, but may include IV fluids, blood transfusions, and medications to control seizures or other symptoms.
Should I Take My Cat to the Vet If It Ingests Crepe Myrtle
If your cat ingests Crepe Myrtle, it is important to take them to the vet as soon as possible. This is because Crepe Myrtle can be toxic to cats and can cause serious health problems. Symptoms of toxicity include vomiting, diarrhea, lethargy, and seizures.
If your cat is showing any of these symptoms, please take them to the vet immediately.
Q&A – How do I remove crape myrtle without using toxic chemicals?
No, crepe myrtle is not toxic to cats.