Lacy tree philodendron (Philodendron bipinnatifidum) is a fast-growing, evergreen vine that can reach up to 20 feet in length. It is often used as an indoor houseplant or in outdoor landscaping in warm climates. Lacy tree philodendron is considered toxic to cats and should be kept away from them.
The plant contains insoluble calcium oxalates which can cause irritation and swelling of the mouth and throat if ingested. Symptoms of toxicity include drooling, vomiting, and difficulty swallowing. If you suspect your cat has eaten lacy tree philodendron, contact your veterinarian or emergency animal hospital immediately.
Is Lacy Tree Philodendron Toxic to Cats? No, lacy tree philodendron is not toxic to cats. This plant is actually considered to be non-toxic to all animals, making it a safe choice for homes with pets.
Tree Philodendron Toxic to Humans
If you have a tree philodendron (Philodendron bipinnatifidum) in your home, you may want to think twice before touching it. This plant is toxic to humans and can cause serious health problems if ingested. Symptoms of tree philodendron toxicity include vomiting, diarrhea, and abdominal pain.
In severe cases, the plant can cause death. If you suspect that someone has ingested tree philodendron, call poison control immediately.
Is Lacy Tree Philodendron Poisonous?
Yes, lacy tree philodendron (Philodendron bipinnatifidum) is poisonous. All parts of the plant contain saponins, which are toxic to humans and animals if ingested. Symptoms of lacy tree philodendron poisoning include vomiting, diarrhea, and abdominal pain.
In severe cases, it can lead to convulsions and death. If you think someone has ingested parts of this plant, call Poison Control immediately at 1-800-222-1222.
Which Philodendrons are Toxic to Cats?
There are many different types of philodendrons, and not all of them are toxic to cats. However, some common varieties that are known to be poisonous to cats include the Heartleaf Philodendron (Philodendron cordatum), Split-Leaf Philodendron (Philodendron bipinnatifidum), and Elephant Ear Philodendron (Philodendron domesticum). These plants contain insoluble calcium oxalates, which can cause irritation and swelling of the mouth, throat, and esophagus.
In severe cases, ingestion of these plants can lead to difficulty breathing and vomiting. If you suspect your cat has ingested any type of philodendron, it is important to seek veterinary care immediately.
What If My Cat Eats a Philodendron?
If your cat eats a philodendron, it could be very dangerous. Philodendrons contain insoluble calcium oxalates which can cause irritation and swelling of the mouth and throat, difficulty swallowing, and vomiting. In severe cases, ingestion of philodendron can lead to kidney failure.
If you think your cat has ingested a philodendron, please contact your veterinarian or local emergency clinic immediately.
Is Tree Philodendron Toxic to Pets?
No, tree philodendron is not toxic to pets.
Lacy Tree Philodendron | House – Home Of Indoor & Office Plants Picture Collection
Yes, the lacy tree philodendron is toxic to cats. The plant contains saponins, which are poisonous to cats if ingested. Symptoms of toxicity include vomiting, diarrhea, and depression.
If your cat has ingested any part of this plant, please contact your veterinarian immediately.