Is Lesser Snapdragon Or Weasels Snout Toxic for Cats?

Weasels are notorious for being tricky, sly creatures. But did you know that the weasel family also includes some of the most adorable animals in the world? Among these is the lesser snapdragon, also known as the weasel’s snout.

This little guy is native to Europe and Asia, and while he may look harmless, he can actually be quite dangerous to your feline friend.

There’s a lot of debate over whether or not lesser snapdragon or weasels snout is toxic for cats. Some people say that it’s perfectly safe, while others claim that it can be harmful. The truth is, there isn’t really any definitive answer.

While there haven’t been any concrete studies on the matter, it’s generally believed that lesser snapdragon or weasels snout is not toxic to cats. However, as with anything else, it’s always best to err on the side of caution and avoid giving your cat this plant if possible. If you do choose to give them some, make sure to keep a close eye on them and contact your veterinarian if they start showing any signs of illness.

Snapdragon Toxic to Cats

If you have a cat, there’s a good chance you’re familiar with the plant known as Snapdragon. This popular ornamental flower is beautiful, but it’s also toxic to cats. The toxins in Snapdragon can cause vomiting, diarrhea, and even death if enough is ingested.

If you suspect your cat has eaten Snapdragon, contact your veterinarian immediately.

Is Lesser Snapdragon Or Weasels Snout Toxic for Cats?


Is Snapdragon Toxic to Cat?

No, Snapdragon is not toxic to cats.

Are Snapdragons Toxic to Cats And Dogs?

Yes, snapdragons (Antirrhinum majus) are toxic to both cats and dogs if they ingest the plant. The toxicity is due to the presence of saponins in the plant, which can cause vomiting, diarrhea, and drooling in pets. In severe cases, ingestion of snapdragons can lead to tremors and seizures.

If you suspect that your pet has ingested a snapdragon plant, please contact your veterinarian or local animal hospital immediately.

Are Chrysanthemums Toxic to Cats?

Yes, chrysanthemums are toxic to cats. All parts of the plant contain pyrethrins, which are compounds that are poisonous to cats. Ingesting even a small amount of chrysanthemum can cause vomiting and diarrhea in cats.

If your cat ingests a large amount of chrysanthemum, it could lead to seizures and even death.

Alligator Snapping Turtle vs Common Snapping Turtle


It’s important to know if the plants in your home are poisonous to your pets. Lesser Snapdragon and Weasels Snout are two plants that may be toxic to cats if ingested. Symptoms of toxicity include vomiting, diarrhea, and drooling.

If you suspect your cat has ingested a poisonous plant, contact your veterinarian or the ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center immediately.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top