Marbled fingernail polish is a type of nail polish that contains small amounts of chemicals that can be toxic to cats if ingested. The chemicals in marbled fingernail polish can cause vomiting, diarrhea, and other health problems in cats. If you suspect your cat has ingested marbled fingernail polish, please contact your veterinarian immediately.
While marbled fingernail polish may look pretty, it can be toxic to cats if ingested. The chemicals in the polish can cause gastrointestinal upset and even liver damage. If you suspect your cat has ingested marbled fingernail polish, contact your veterinarian immediately.
What are the Symptoms of Marbled Fingernail Toxicity in Cats
If you think your cat may have ingested something poisonous, it is important to watch for symptoms and seek professional medical help immediately. Some common symptoms of toxicity in cats include vomiting, Diarrhea, drooling, weakness, seizures, and collapse.
One sign that may be specifically associated with marbled fingernail toxicity is changes in the appearance of the nails.
In some cases, the nails may become discolored or take on a marble-like appearance. If you notice any changes in your cat’s nails, it is important to have them evaluated by a veterinarian right away.
12 BEST TESTS TO REVEAL YOUR PERSONALITY TYPE
If your cat licks its marbled fingernails, it may be at risk for toxicity. The nail polish contains chemicals that can be harmful if ingested. Cats are attracted to the smell and taste of the polish, so they may lick it off their nails.
Ingesting small amounts of the polish can cause vomiting and diarrhea in cats. If a large amount is ingested, it could lead to liver damage or death. If you think your cat has ingested nail polish, contact your veterinarian immediately.