Is Paperwhite Toxic to Cats?

There are a lot of different opinions out there about whether or not Paperwhite is toxic to cats. Some people say that it is, and some people say that it isn’t. So, what’s the truth?

Unfortunately, we don’t really know for sure. There have been no studies conducted on the subject, so we don’t have any concrete evidence either way. However, there are a few things we can look at to try and figure out if Paperwhite is likely to be harmful to our feline friends.

No, Paperwhite is not toxic to cats.

Is Paperwhite Toxic to Cats?


Is Paperwhite Toxic to Cats

No, paperwhite is not toxic to cats.

What are the Symptoms of Paperwhite Toxicity in Cats

There is no definitive answer to this question as the symptoms of paperwhite toxicity in cats can vary depending on the severity of exposure and individual reaction. However, some common signs that your cat has ingested paperwhite bulbs or flowers include vomiting, diarrhea, lethargy, drooling and lack of appetite. If you suspect that your cat has been exposed to paperwhite plants, it is important to seek veterinary care immediately as they may need treatment for dehydration and other complications.

How Can I Prevent My Cat from Eating Paperwhite Plants

There are a few things you can do to keep your cat from eating paperwhite plants. One is to provide them with plenty of other options for food and toys so they are not as interested in the plants. You can also try spraying the plants with a bitter tasting spray or covering them with something that will make it difficult for the cat to get to the leaves.

Finally, you should keep an eye on your cat when they are around the plants and discourage them from chewing on the leaves.



According to the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (ASPCA), paperwhite plants are toxic to cats. The ASPCA website lists paperwhite plants as being poisonous to both dogs and cats if they ingest them. Symptoms of toxicity include vomiting, drooling, loss of appetite, and difficulty walking.

If your pet ingests a paperwhite plant, it is important to contact your veterinarian or the ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center immediately for treatment recommendations.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top