Is Pupleosier Willow Toxic to Cats?

While most willows are safe for cats, the Purpleosier Willow is an exception. All parts of this plant are toxic to cats, and can cause serious health problems if ingested. Symptoms of toxicity include vomiting, diarrhea, drooling, weakness, and seizures.

If you suspect your cat has eaten any part of a Purpleosier Willow, contact your veterinarian or local animal emergency clinic immediately.

There is some debate over whether or not purpleosier willow is toxic to cats. Some sources claim that it is, while others say it is not. However, the general consensus seems to be that it is best to err on the side of caution and keep your cat away from this plant.

If you suspect your cat has ingested purpleosier willow, contact your veterinarian immediately.

Is Pupleosier Willow Toxic to Cats

No, purpleosier willow is not toxic to cats.

How Can I Keep My Cat Safe from Pupleosier Willow Toxicity

Pupleosier willow (Salix purpurea) is a tree native to Europe and Asia. It is also known as purple willow, pussy willow, or black willow. The tree can grow up to 30 feet tall and has purple-brown branches and leaves.

The flowers are small and yellow, and the fruit is a small, black berry. Pupleosier willow is toxic to cats if they eat the leaves or bark of the tree. The toxicity can cause vomiting, diarrhea, weakness, seizures, and death.

If you think your cat has eaten any part of purple willow, call your veterinarian or emergency animal hospital immediately.

What are the Symptoms of Pupleosier Willow Toxicity in Cats

Pupleosier Willow (Salix purpurea) is a type of willow tree that is native to Europe and Asia. The leaves, bark, and twigs of this tree contain a substance called salicin, which is toxic to cats. Symptoms of Purpleosier Willow toxicity in cats include vomiting, diarrhea, drooling, loss of appetite, lethargy, and seizures.

If your cat ingests any part of this tree, it is important to seek veterinary care immediately as the symptoms can be life-threatening.


No, purpleosier willow is not toxic to cats. However, the plant contains tannins which can cause an upset stomach if your cat eats too much of it. If you have a purpleosier willow in your yard, make sure your cat has plenty of other plants to eat so they don’t gorge on the willow and get sick.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top