Is Tall Feather Fern Toxic to Cats?

Tall feather fern (Pneumatopteris penangiana) is a beautiful, tropical plant that is commonly found in homes and offices. However, many people don’t realize that this plant can be toxic to cats. If your cat ingests any part of the tall feather fern, it can cause vomiting, diarrhea, and even death.

While there is no cure for tall feather fern poisoning, it is important to seek veterinary care immediately if you think your cat has been exposed to this plant.

No, the tall feather fern is not toxic to cats. In fact, it’s actually a pretty popular houseplant because it’s so easy to care for. The only thing you need to be careful of is making sure your cat doesn’t eat too much of the plant, as they could get an upset stomach.

Other than that, this plant is perfectly safe for your furry friend!

Is the Tall Feather Fern Poisonous to Cats

No, the Tall Feather Fern is not poisonous to cats.

What are the Symptoms of Cat Poisoning from the Tall Feather Fern

If your cat has been exposed to the Tall Feather Fern, also known as Asplenium nidus, it is important to be aware of the symptoms of poisoning. The most common symptom is vomiting, which can occur within 30 minutes to two hours after exposure. Diarrhea, drooling, and lethargy are also common.

In more severe cases, seizures and respiratory distress may occur. If you suspect your cat has been poisoned by the Tall Feather Fern, please contact your veterinarian or local emergency clinic immediately.

How Can I Keep My Cat Safe from the Tall Feather Fern

If you have a cat, it’s important to keep them safe from the Tall Feather Fern. The plant can cause vomiting and diarrhea in cats, as well as skin irritation. If your cat ingests the plant, they may experience dehydration, so it’s important to seek medical attention immediately.

There are a few ways you can keep your cat safe from the Tall Feather Fern: -Keep the plant out of reach of your cat. This may mean keeping it out of your home entirely, or placing it somewhere high up where your cat can’t reach it.

-Monitor your cat closely if they’re outdoors and have access to the plant. If you see them chewing on the leaves or stems, remove them immediately and give them a toy or treat to distract them. -If you have the plant in your home, regularly check for any signs of damage or Chewing by your cat.

If you find any, take action immediately to prevent further ingestion.

What’s Wrong With Your Bird of Paradise? | BOP Care Tips and Guide


No, the tall feather fern is not toxic to cats. However, the plant can cause vomiting and diarrhea if your cat eats it. If you have a tall feather fern in your home, make sure to keep it out of reach of your cat.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top