Is Australian Pine Toxic to Cats?

Yes, Australian pine is toxic to cats. The tree produces a chemical called d-limonene, which is poisonous to cats. Symptoms of toxicity include drooling, vomiting, diarrhea, and lethargy.

If your cat ingests Australian pine, contact your veterinarian immediately.

There’s been a lot of debate lately about whether or not Australian Pine is toxic to cats. Some people say that it is, while others claim that it’s safe. So, what’s the truth?

Unfortunately, there isn’t a clear answer. The truth is that we don’t really know for sure if Australian Pine is toxic to cats. There have been no definitive studies done on the matter.

That being said, there are some things to consider if you’re wondering if Australian Pine is safe for your cat. First of all, this type of tree produces a sap that can be irritating to the skin. If your cat comes into contact with this sap, they may experience redness and swelling.

Additionally, the needles of Australian Pine trees are sharp and can cause injury if ingested. So, while we don’t know for sure if Australian Pine is toxic to cats, it’s probably best to err on the side of caution and keep them away from this type of tree.

-No, Australian Pine is Not Toxic to Cats

-Cats may ingest small amounts of Australian Pine needles, but they are not poisonous. -If your cat ingests a large amount of Australian Pine needles, they may experience gastrointestinal upset and should be seen by a veterinarian.

-How Can I Tell If My Cat Has Eaten Australian Pine

If your cat has ingested Australian Pine, there are a few symptoms you may see. Vomiting, lethargy and lack of appetite are the most common. If your cat is exhibiting any of these symptoms, it’s important to take them to the vet right away as Australian Pine can be toxic to cats.

If You Believe Your Cat Has Eaten This Plant, Please Contact Your Veterinarian Immediately

If you believe your cat has eaten this plant, please contact your veterinarian immediately.

Plants That Are Toxic to Cats!!


Yes, Australian Pine is toxic to cats. The tree produces a chemical called pyrethrin, which is poisonous to cats. Symptoms of poisoning include vomiting, diarrhea, drooling, and tremors.

If your cat ingests any part of the tree, including the leaves or bark, contact your veterinarian immediately.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top