Is Club Moss Toxic to Cats?

Club moss is a common houseplant that can be toxic to cats if ingested. Clinical signs of club moss toxicity include vomiting, diarrhea, and lethargy. If you suspect your cat has ingested club moss, contact your veterinarian immediately.

There’s a lot of debate on whether or not club moss is toxic to cats. Some people believe that it is, while others think it’s perfectly safe. So, what’s the truth?

As it turns out, club moss is indeed toxic to cats. If your kitty ingests even a small amount of this plant, they can suffer from vomiting, diarrhea, and other gastrointestinal issues. In severe cases, it can even lead to death.

So if you have a cat at home, be sure to keep them away from club moss!

Is Club Moss Toxic to Cats

No, club moss is not toxic to cats. This plant is actually a member of the fern family and is found in damp, shady areas throughout North America. Club mosses are small, evergreen plants that grow in low-lying mats.

These plants have tiny, scale-like leaves and produce spores instead of seeds. Although club mosses are not poisonous to cats, they can cause gastrointestinal upset if ingested in large quantities. If your cat eats a small amount of club moss, he may experience vomiting and diarrhea.

What are the Symptoms of Club Moss Toxicity in Cats

There are a few symptoms of club moss toxicity in cats. The most common symptom is vomiting, which can occur within hours of ingestion. Other symptoms include diarrhea, lethargy, drooling, and abdominal pain.

In severe cases, seizures and death may occur. If you think your cat has ingested club moss, it is important to seek veterinary care immediately as treatment is typically supportive and symptomatic.

How Can I Prevent My Cat from Being Exposed to Club Moss

There is no definitive answer to this question as it depends on a number of factors, including where you live and the environment in which your cat lives. However, there are some general tips that may help to reduce your cat’s exposure to club moss. If you live in an area where club mosses are known to grow, try to keep your cat indoors as much as possible.

If your cat does go outside, supervised activity in enclosed areas such as a fenced-in yard or patio is best. Regularly check your cat for any signs of contact with club moss, such as spores on their fur or body. If you suspect that your cat has come into contact with club moss, remove any spores from their fur using a damp cloth or vacuum cleaner with a HEPA filter.

Immediately wash their bedding and clothing in hot water (60°C/140°F). Club mosses can release toxins that can be harmful to cats if ingested, so it is important to seek veterinary care if you believe your pet has been exposed.

What Should I Do If My Cat Ingests Club Moss

If your cat ingests club moss, the first thing you should do is call your veterinarian. Club moss can be toxic to cats and can cause a variety of symptoms including vomiting, diarrhea, drooling, tremors, and seizures. If your cat is showing any of these symptoms, they will need to be seen by a veterinarian right away.

Famous Gachatubers That Did Disgusting Things…//Gacha Rant//(Pt.1)


Club moss is a type of plant that is sometimes kept as a houseplant. It is not toxic to cats, however, it can cause vomiting and diarrhea if consumed in large quantities. If you have a club moss plant and a cat, it is best to keep the plant out of reach of the cat.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top