Is Common Greenbrier Toxic to Cats?

The common greenbrier, also known as Smilax rotundifolia, is a climbing plant that is found in North America. This plant can grow up to 30 feet tall and has small, round leaves. The common greenbrier produces small, white flowers that turn into black berries.

The berries are the only part of the plant that is toxic to cats. If a cat ingests any part of the common greenbrier, they may experience vomiting, diarrhea, and abdominal pain. In severe cases, the toxicity can lead to liver damage and death.

No, common greenbrier is not toxic to cats. In fact, it’s often used as a natural remedy for stomach issues in felines. However, as with any plant, it’s always best to consult with a veterinarian before giving your cat any kind of herbal treatment.

No, Common Greenbrier is Not Toxic to Cats

No, common greenbrier is not toxic to cats. This plant is actually a member of the rose family and is native to North America. The leaves, stems and roots are all edible, and contain vitamins A and C, as well as iron.

Greenbrier is also high in fiber.

See Which Hotels Were Caught Not Changing Bedsheets for New Guests


No, common greenbrier is not toxic to cats. This plant is actually quite safe for both cats and dogs, as well as humans. However, if your cat does consume any part of this plant, it may experience some stomach upset.

If this occurs, simply offer your cat plenty of water and monitor its symptoms closely. If the upset stomach persists or worsens, contact your veterinarian immediately.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top