Lagerstroemia indica, also known as Crepe myrtle or Indian crape myrtle, is a popular ornamental plant in many parts of the world. It is prized for its beautiful flowers and attractive bark. However, there have been some reports that this plant may be toxic to cats.
Lagerstroemia indica is a beautiful flowering plant that is unfortunately toxic to cats. The plant contains compounds called saponins, which are poisonous to cats if ingested. Symptoms of lagerstroemia indica poisoning in cats include vomiting, diarrhea, lethargy, and loss of appetite.
If you suspect your cat has eaten any part of this plant, please contact your veterinarian immediately.
Is Lagerstroemia Indica Toxic to Cats
No, Lagerstroemia indica is not toxic to cats. This tropical plant is actually a member of the mint family and is safe for kitties to consume. The leaves and flowers of the plant are what contain the most nutrients, so if your cat nibbles on these parts, they’ll be getting a dose of vitamins A and C, as well as some fiber.
Will My Cat Be Okay If They Eat Lagerstroemia Indica
Yes, your cat will be fine if they eat Lagerstroemia Indica. This plant is not toxic to cats and is actually used in some traditional Chinese medicine practices. The only thing you might want to watch out for is if your cat starts eating too much of the plant, as it can cause an upset stomach or diarrhea.
What are the Symptoms of Toxicity in Cats After Eating Lagerstroemia Indica
Lagerstroemia Indica, also known as Crepe Myrtle or Indian Laburnum, is a popular ornamental plant that is poisonous to cats. The symptoms of toxicity include vomiting, diarrhea, drooling, weakness and collapse. If your cat has ingested any part of this plant, it is important to seek veterinary care immediately.
Yuma Crape Myrtle Tree (pale pink flowers) | Crepe Myrtle bushes (Lagerstroemia indica)
No, Lagerstroemia Indica is not toxic to cats. This plant is actually considered to be safe for animals and humans alike.