Is Lance Pleomele Toxic to Cats?

Lance pleomele, also known as Hawaiian Spree or Dwarf Oleander, is a beautiful flowering plant that is unfortunately poisonous to cats. All parts of the plant are toxic, but the leaves and flowers contain the highest concentrations of toxins. Cats who ingest any part of the plant can suffer from vomiting, diarrhea, drooling, lack of appetite, weakness, and collapse.

In severe cases, lance pleomele poisoning can lead to death.

Many people are surprised to learn that Lance Pleomele, also known as Sprengeri fern, is actually toxic to cats. The plant contains saponins, which can cause vomiting and diarrhea in cats. In severe cases, it can lead to liver damage and even death.

If you have a cat, it’s best to keep this plant out of your home.

Is Lance Pleomele Toxic to Cats

No, lance pleomele is not toxic to cats.

What are the Symptoms of Lance Pleomele Toxicity in Cats

There are a number of clinical signs associated with lance pleomele toxicity in cats, the most common of which is vomiting. Other symptoms may include diarrhea, lethargy, anorexia, and abdominal pain. In more severe cases, neurological signs such as ataxia, tremors, and seizures may be seen.

Death is possible in severe cases if untreated. Treatment for lance pleomele toxicity typically involves decontamination (e.g. induced vomiting or gastric lavage), supportive care (e.g. IV fluids), and symptomatic treatment (e.g. anti-emetics for vomiting).

How Can I Prevent My Cat from Coming into Contact With Lance Pleomele

There are a few things you can do to prevent your cat from coming into contact with Lance Pleomele. The first is to keep them indoors as much as possible. If they must go outside, make sure they are supervised and always bring them back inside before nightfall.

Secondly, keep your yard clean and free of debris that could attract rodents or other animals that may carry the disease. Finally, have your cat vaccinated against rabies and other diseases that could be transmitted by contact with Lance Pleomele.

What Should I Do If My Cat Has Come into Contact With Or Ingested Lance Pleomele

If your cat has come into contact with or ingested Lance Pleomele, the first thing you should do is call your veterinarian. This plant is poisonous to cats and can cause a variety of symptoms including vomiting, diarrhea, drooling, weakness, tremors and seizures. If your cat ingests any part of this plant, they will need to be seen by a vet immediately.

5 Quick tips Dracaena


Lance pleomele, also known as Hawaiian beautyberry, is a flowering plant native to Hawaii. The plant is toxic to cats if ingested, and can cause vomiting, diarrhea, and depression. If you have a cat and are considering adding lance pleomele to your home, be sure to keep it out of reach of your feline friend.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top