Is Moss Fern Toxic to Cats?

If you have a cat, you know that they like to chew on things. Unfortunately, this can include plants in your home. Moss fern is a common houseplant that is toxic to cats if ingested.

The plant contains saponins, which are poisonous to cats. Symptoms of toxicity include vomiting, diarrhea, and lethargy. If you think your cat has eaten moss fern, contact your veterinarian immediately.

No, moss fern is not toxic to cats. In fact, it’s a great plant for them to have around! Moss ferns are known for their air-purifying properties and can help keep your kitty’s respiratory system healthy.

Is Moss Fern Toxic to Cats

No, moss fern is not toxic to cats. In fact, it is often used as a safe, natural alternative to traditional grass in pet-friendly gardens and yards. Moss fern is also known to be beneficial for cats’ digestion and can help with hairballs.

What are the Symptoms of Moss Fern Toxicity in Cats

Moss Fern (Pleurozium schreberi) is a common houseplant that can be toxic to cats if ingested. Symptoms of Moss Fern toxicity in cats may include drooling, vomiting, and diarrhea. In severe cases, Moss Fern toxicity can lead to liver damage and death.

If you suspect your cat has ingested Moss Fern, contact your veterinarian or the Pet Poison Helpline immediately for treatment recommendations.

How Can I Prevent My Cat from Eating Moss Fern

If you want to prevent your cat from eating moss fern, there are a few things you can do. For one, make sure that the plant is kept out of reach. You may also want to consider using a bitter-tasting spray or powder on the plant, as this will help to deter your cat from chewing on it.

Additionally, provide your cat with plenty of other toys and plants to chew on so that they are not as tempted to nibble on the fern.

What Should I Do If My Cat Has Eaten Moss Fern

If your cat has eaten moss fern, the first thing you should do is call your veterinarian. Moss ferns can be toxic to cats and may cause vomiting, diarrhea, and other serious symptoms. If you have any of these plants in your home, make sure to keep them out of reach of your pets.

Plants That Are Toxic to Cats!!


No, moss fern is not toxic to cats. In fact, it can be a great addition to their diet! Moss fern is high in fiber and moisture, which can help keep your cat hydrated and prevent constipation.

It’s also a good source of vitamins A and C, as well as iron and potassium.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top