Moss phlox (Phlox subulata) is a beautiful, tufted flowering plant that is often used as groundcover in gardens. It is also known as creeping phlox or moss pink. While this plant is non-toxic to humans, it can be toxic to cats if ingested.
The toxicity of moss phlox to cats is due to the presence of saponins in the leaves and stems. Saponins are glycosides that can cause vomiting and diarrhea if consumed by animals. In severe cases, they can lead to dehydration and even death.
If you have a cat that likes to nibble on plants, it is best to keep them away from moss phlox.
No, moss phlox is not toxic to cats. This plant is actually quite safe for your feline friend to be around. So, if you’re looking for a pretty ground cover for your garden that won’t harm your kitty, consider moss phlox!
Is Moss Phlox Toxic to Cats
No, moss phlox is not toxic to cats.
How Can I Keep My Cat from Eating Moss Phlox
If your cat is eating moss phlox, there are a few things you can do to deter them. First, make sure that the plant is not poisonous to cats. If it is, you will need to find a different solution.
Second, try spraying the plant with a bitter-tasting spray. This will usually discourage cats from eating it. Finally, if all else fails, you can try covering the plant with chicken wire or another type of fencing.
What are the Symptoms of Moss Phlox Toxicity in Cats
Moss Phlox (Polemonium caeruleum) is a flowering plant that is common in gardens and yards. It is also known as Jacob’s Ladder. The plant contains pyrolizidine alkaloids which can be toxic to cats if ingested.
Symptoms of Moss Phlox toxicity in cats include vomiting, diarrhea, drooling, weakness, tremors, seizures and death. If you suspect your cat has ingested Moss Phlox, contact your veterinarian or emergency animal hospital immediately.
How quickly does phlox spread?
No, moss phlox is not toxic to cats. In fact, it’s a pretty popular plant to have around the house because it’s low-maintenance and can tolerate a wide range of growing conditions. However, if your cat likes to nibble on plants, then you might want to keep an eye on them when they’re around moss phlox since it can cause stomach irritation.